Is content everything for SEO?
Do you know that SEO start with quality content and end up with same?
Importantly saying that every major digital marketing agency these days who works on SEO doesn’t implement without a solid content strategy.
Before you decide to write SEO friendly content to improve your search engine rankings you must learn-
- What is SEO content writing?
- What type of content you can publish on your blog or website?
- What is going to be your long-term content strategy?
What is SEO friendly content writing?
It means writing content in such a manner that your webpage rank higher for the related keyword searches. You use the keywords in the title of the web page or the blog post and then strategically use them at various places in content.
SEO friendly & strategically written content is everything to ranking. A question arises how? I’m describing here below.
1. SEO needs use of keywords and search terms strategically
Keywords matter a lot for SEO. You can analyse the importance of keywords with the fact that your web page ranking depends on whether you have used your keywords or one of its alternatives in the title of your web page and description. It is only through strategic content writing that you can use the right keywords to satisfy Google.
2. Social approval because of valued content.
I have personally observed that lot of web pages and blog posts rank well because of the social validation they have been able to attract despite having inferior quality content. But this can only be achieved by spending money. But for small business, the only way you can get social validation is by quality content writing.
3. Quality back links can only be sourced because of valued content
Why people will love to share your content?
Apart from the fact that sometimes you can pay websites and blogs to link back to you. People generally link to you because they like your content what you are publishing in your post and Google also sees as validation and its algorithms use this validation to rank your web pages.
4. Google needs content to rank your website or web pages.
Google rank your content according to the true purpose it solves. A user should be able to find exactly what they are looking for when they use the Google search engine.
Google is working on an algorithm that will be capable to find if people are able to find what exactly information they need on your link. If yes, your rankings will start improving and if no, your rankings will start diminishing.
Additional SEO benefits of content writing
- People willingly link to your content.
- There are lot of opportunities for your content to be shared on social media platform.
- With high quality content people spend more time on your website shows to Google that you have quality and relevant content on your website.
- Content writing boosts your content marketing efforts and in return improves your SERP ranking.
- Organic rankings achieved through quality content writing last longer and attract more traffic.
- People have more reasons to link to your content because you give them a wide choice of your interest.